Ginny Gay is a Certified Mindfulness Teacher and has worked with Eric to create content here at The One You Feed for the past 8 years. Prior to that, she spent 13 years in the corporate world where she thought climbing the corporate ladder equated to success in life. Instead, that approach ultimately led her to a place of severe burnout, addiction, anxiety, and depression. Now, she knows that for her, success in all aspects of life comes from living from a place of authenticity and integration where meaningful work and relationships are the fruit and contribution to the world.
Ginny loves creating courses, programs, workshops, and written content to help people live life more skillfully and help them navigate the difficulties that come from the inherent challenges of being human so that they can experience more peace, purpose, and joy in their daily lives.
In this episode, Eric and Ginny discuss her story of struggle and growth, how to work with the inner critic and what it means to practice mindfulness.
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Ginny Gay and I Discuss How to Free Yourself from the Inner Critic Through Mindfulness and …
- The way not wanting to experience internal pain can drive us to act in potentially harmful, problematic ways
- Her experience in a fundamentalist Christian church
- Her experience hitting the glass ceiling in the corporate pharmaceutical industry
- The circumstances surrounding her addiction and burnout
- How she was able to believe in growth through difficulty during the worst time in her life
- The key learnings that helped her transform her life from the ground up
- The radical shift she made that saved her life
- The power of naming things as they show up inside of us
- The corrosive impact of the inner critic
- How to differentiate the inner critic from our helpful inner conscience
- Where the inner critic comes from
- The various ways the inner critic shows up in us
- How to free yourself from the inner critic
- What mindfulness really means
- The benefits of practicing mindfulness
- The connection between mindfulness and meditation
- Her definition of spirituality
- Her mindfulness program, The Well Trained Mind
Ginny Gay Links
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Ginny Gay, check out these other episodes: