Maia Szalavitz is an American reporter and New York Times best-selling author who has focused much of her work on the topic of addiction. She has won awards from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the Drug Policy Alliance, the American Psychological Association and the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology for her 30 years of groundbreaking writing on addiction, drug policy and neuroscience.
In this episode, Maia and Eric discuss her book, Undoing Drugs: The Untold Story of Harm Reduction and the Future of Addiction.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Maia Szalavitz and I Discuss The Case for Harm Reduction and…
- Her book: Undoing Drugs: The Untold Story of Harm Reduction and the Future of Addiction
- What “harm reduction” means in the case of addition
- The truth behind why we have the drug policies that we currently have
- Differentiating between the terms dependence and addiction
- The real problem of addiction being the compulsive behavior that’s ruining your life
- The role of moderation in substance use in people in recovery
- How to know whether or not moderation or abstinence is right for you
- The problem with a binary approach to drug use
- The harm reduction recovery approach as any positive change
- The difficult but crucial role of being a beginner to learn what’s right for you
Maia Szalavitz Links:
Feals: Premium CBD delivered to your doorstep to help you manage stress, anxiety, pain, and sleeplessness. Feals CBD is food-grade and every batch is tested so you know you are getting a truly premium grade product. Get 50% off your first order with free shipping by becoming a member at www.feals.com/wolf
If you enjoyed this conversation with Maia Szalavitz, you might also enjoy these other episodes: