Dan Harris is best known for his work on ABC News, Nightline and Good Morning America. He is the author of the book, 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story
In this episode, Eric and Dan discuss his original skepticism of meditation and the benefits he discovered from developing a regular meditation practice.
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue tathe conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Dan Harris and I Discuss Becoming 10% Happier Through Meditation and …
- His book, 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story
- How the mind can be trained for compassion and happiness
- Exercising the brain just like the body
- The science of meditation
- How we all have an inner voice or narrator in our head
- The scientifically proven benefits of meditation
- Our tendency to focus on the bad things and ignore the good.
- Finding the line of when to push forward or back down
- The happiness set point theory.
- Motivation coming from happiness versus pain
- How a certain amount of stress is necessary
- Dealing with failure and setbacks
- His experience of discovering awareness in the present moment
- Meditation as a mechanism of learning mindfulness
- The practice of meditation is about remembering
Dan Harris links:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Dan Harris, check out these other episodes: