Adyashanti is an American born spiritual teacher devoted to serving the awakening of all beings. His teachings are an open invitation to stop, inquire and recognize what is true and liberating at the core of all existence. Adyashanti also runs the Omega retreat which Eric has taken part in many times. In this episode, part 2 of a 2 part interview, Eric and Adya continue their conversation about his latest book, The Most Important Thing: Discovering Truth at the Heart of Life.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Adyashanti and I Discuss…
- How his relationship to his wife has become more of a mystery over their 23 years together
- The role of play and being silly
- How our spiritual striving can get in the way – in meditation, specifically
- Meditation is the relinquishing of an agenda
- How we engage with the mystery of being.
- The curiosity that was sparked when he realized he was a mystery unto himself
- Spirituality is an experiential encounter with the unknown
- The paradox we’re embracing with meditation
- Start meditation by listening to the quiet spaces inside and also let go of trying to control what’s happening in your mind
- When you realize you’re lost in thought during meditation, gently encourage your attention back to your meditation anchor or listening
- Observe your relationship with failure – or things going some other way than the way you want them to – during meditation
- Gratitude for popping out of the dream or trance state
- Encountering life attitudes during meditation
- Spiritual insight during real life – what do you value at any given moment?
- Chasing a spiritual high
- Asking “what am I in service to?”
- Not having to have the feeling in order to engage in right action
The Upper Room – a global ministry where you can join a worldwide community of Christian believers in daily prayer and devotional practice. Go to www.upperroom.org/welcome to get a free 30-day trial
TalkSpace – the online therapy company that lets you message a licensed therapist from anywhere at any time. Therapy on demand. Non-judgemental, practical help when you need it at a fraction of the cost of traditional therapy. Visit www.talkspace.com and enter Promo Code: WOLF to get your first week free!
If you liked this episode, you might also enjoy these other Adyashanti episodes: