What if gratitude could transform your life? In this captivating conversation, discover why a grateful mindset matters as Kristi Nelson shares her personal journey of cheating death and finding a “fidelity to life.” With her profound realization about the importance of appreciating the little things, Kristi explains the difference between gratitude and gratefulness. She also encourages listeners to recognize that every moment is a gift and to celebrate the simple act of being alive.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Unlock the life-changing power of gratitude and discover how it can transform your mindset and daily life
- Learn the key distinctions between gratitude and gratefulness, and how cultivating both can lead to a greater sense of fulfillment and happiness
- Embrace uncertainty and learn to unlock a newfound sense of peace and fulfillment
- Discover how cultivating gratitude can lead to increased happiness and contentment
- Shift your perspective from obligation to opportunity to seize the most out of every situation
Kristi Nelson is the author of Wake Up Grateful: The Practice of Taking Nothing for Granted. She served as Executive Director at Grateful Living from 2014 – 2022. Her life’s work in the non-profit sector has focused on leading, inspiring, and strengthening organizations committed to progressive social and spiritual change. Being a long-time stage IV cancer survivor moves her every day to support others in living and loving with great fullness of heart. After five years of leading a regional Women’s Fund — Kristi founded a values-based fundraising consulting/coaching company, and in this capacity worked with organizations such as Buddhist Peace Fellowship, Spirit in Action, Institute for Jewish Spirituality, Wisdom 2.0, and The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, among others. Since then she has been founding Director of Soul of Money Institute with Lynne Twist, Director of Development at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, and Director of Development and Community Relations for the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.
If you enjoyed this conversation with Kristi Nelson, check out these other episodes:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoy our podcast and find value in our content, please consider becoming a supporter of The One You Feed podcast! By joining, you’ll receive exclusive content only available on Patreon! Visit our Patreon page to learn more!