Matthew Quick is the New York Times bestselling author of The Silver Linings Playbook—which was made into an Oscar-winning film—and eight other novels. His work has been translated into more than thirty languages, received a PEN/Hemingway Award Honorable Mention, was an LA Times Book Prize finalist, a New York Times Book Review Editors’ Choice, a #1 bestseller in Brazil, a Deutscher Jugendliteratur Preis 2016 (German Youth Literature Prize) nominee, and selected by Nancy Pearl as one of Summer’s Best Books for NPR. The Hollywood Reporter has named him one of Hollywood’s 25 Most Powerful Authors.
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Matthew Quick and I Discuss What We Can Learn From Our Bad Wolf and …
- His book, We Are the Light
- What drew him to Jungian analysis and his ideas on synchronicity
- His healing journey and what he learned about himself
- Learning to face his pain from a sober light
- Losing access to a creative part of him when he stopped drinking
- How his work with his analyst replaced the alcohol in his life
- The importance of community
- What the term “father hunger” means
- His unique relationship with his analyst
- How he learned to redeem his father
- The important themes he covers in his latest novels
- Doing the hard work in the second half of life
- The respect he has developed for the craft of novel writing
Matthew Quick Links
Sign Up for Matthew’s Monthly Personal Letter (MPL)
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Matthew Quick, check out these other episodes:
Matthew Quick – 2017 Interview
Leave a Reply