James Hollis is an American Jungian psychologist. He is a public speaker and the author of 16 books. He runs a private practice as a Jungian Psychoanalyst and is the Executive Director of the Jung Educational Center.
Eric and James have an interesting conversation about his newest book, Living Between Worlds: Finding Personal Resilience in Changing Times, his work with depth psychology, and what it means as we go through different passages in life.
If you are interested in learning more about how to integrate and embody spiritual principles into the moments of your daily life, Eric teaches people how to do just that in his 1-on-1 Spiritual Habits Program. Click here for a free 30-minute call with Eric to learn more.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, James Hollis and I Discuss Living Between Worlds and…
- His book, Living Between Worlds: Finding Personal Resilience in Changing Times
- Depth Psychology is trying to engage and work with the unconscious
- Looking at the patterns in your life and working backward to see what produces behavior
- How dreams represent self-regulatory dimensions of the psyche
- As we have conversations with the external world, we must have one with our internal world
- Self is the guiding energy that tries to heal your wounds
- Self is the natural motive towards wholeness and development
- A passage is when something has died and you’re in between
- The first half of life is asking what the world is asking of me?
- The second half of life is asking what the soul is asking of me?
- Meaning is a by-product of being in the right relationship with one’s own soul
- Asking yourself what your fears make you do or keep you from doing?
- Investigating the archaic fear that is keeping us stuck
- The psyche’s agenda of growth and development
- The psyche’s agenda of self-healing
- The purpose of dreams
James Hollis Links:
If you enjoyed this conversation with James Hollis on Living Between Worlds, you might also enjoy these other episodes: