Sonia Roberts is an educator, writer, creator, and activist. Sonia writes about racism, spirituality, parenting, and much more in her Spiritually Speaking blog. Her first book is White Ally: A Guide To Cultivating A Deeply Spiritual Anti-Racism Practice.
In this episode, Eric and Sonia explore the intersection of transformational inner work within ourselves and transformational outer work in the world, specifically when it comes to practicing anti-racism.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Sonia Roberts and I Discuss Spirituality and Anti-Racism and…
- Her book, White Ally: A Guide To Cultivating A Deeply Spiritual Anti-Racism Practice
- The intersection of transformational inner work within ourselves as well as transformational outer work in the world
- Transforming suffering into something beautiful
- Yogas ten guidelines, the Yamas and Niyamas
- Instances when it’s not necessarily beneficial for Black people to share their personal stories of experiences with racism
- The way that yoga and meditation practices can be instrumental in facilitating social change
- The ethical components that underlie yoga
- The practice of gratitude amidst privilege
- Identifying the places of your privilege and subsequently acting in service of those who are marginalized
- The idea of intent vs. impact in matters of race and racism
- The difference between being shamed and being held accountable
Sonia Roberts Links:
Skillshare is an online learning community that helps you get better on your creative journey. They have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people. Be one of the first thousand to sign up via www.skillshare.com/wolf and you’ll get a FREE trial of Skillshare premium membership.
Indeed: Helps you find high impact hires, faster, without any long term contracts and you pay only for what you need. Get started with a free $75 credit to boost your job post and get in front of more quality candidates by going to www.indeed.com/wolf
BLUBlox offers high-quality lenses that filter blue light, reduce glare, and combat the unhealthy effects of our digital life. Visit BluBlox.com and get free shipping worldwide and also 15% off with Promo Code: WOLF15
If you enjoyed this conversation with Sonia Roberts on Spirituality and Anti-Racism, you might also enjoy these other episodes:
Racial Justin with Austin Channing Brown
Leave a Reply