This week we talk to Joel Zaslofsky about simplifying our lives.
Joel Zaslofsky is the founder of The Value of Simple website and podcast. He is an author, speaker, and curator. He the author of Experiencing Curating: How to Gain Focus, Increase Influence and Simplify You Life. He is the creator of The Continuous Creation Challenge and The Digital Launch Playbook.
In This Interview Joel and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- Doing something selfless.
- How we are all the same under it all.
- The sacrifices of starting your own business.
- Keeping your head up during hard times.
- The value of rituals.
- The power of gratitude.
- Setting up systems to deal with a bad memory.
- “Chaos was the law of nature, order is the dream of man”.
- The value of curation.
- The Continuous Creation Challenge.
- How the bad wolf feeds on passivity.
- The power of momentum.
- Focusing on the goals instead of the tools.
- Doing what we planned, not what we feel like.
Joel Zaslofsky Links
Joel Zaslofsky on Facebook
Some of our most popular interviews that you might also enjoy:
Todd Henry- author of Die Empty
Joel said it was 2013 when the interview was held?? Is this a year old? I can’t find some of what he talked about on his web. I wish Joel well. He sounds sincere and well-intentioned. The question for me is how many on-line self-help type of businesses can the world support? Good luck to Joel!
Eric Zimmer says
Yes it is over a year old. We did it awhile ago and took us a bit of time to get released 🙂
I ask myself the same question all of the time about # of self help businesses.
Hard to believe 7 Habits is back again. That was such a big corporate trend 20 years ago. When I heAr you talk about it I am in retro!
Interesting interviews. Thank you for your good work.
Eric Zimmer says
Thanks Leroy….everything old is new again. Didn’t Covey call them timeless principles?