Paul Gilmartin is a stand-up comedian, podcast host, and television personality best known as the long time host of TBS’ Dinner and a Movie. Since 2011, Paul has been the host and executive producer of the podcast, Mental Illness Happy Hour.
In this episode, Eric and Paul discuss his strategies and practical approaches to deal with fear and depression.
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Paul Gilmartin and I Discuss What How to Work Through Fear and Depression and …
- His podcast, Mental Illness Happy Hour
- How we all have something that we worship that orients our actions
- Learning to be truly and deeply vulnerable
- How there is no instant gratification in spirituality
- Living a fear based life and addictive behaviors
- Reconnecting with the body’s instincts
- Getting curious about the thoughts that come up during meditation
- The difference between self reflection and self obsession
- Strategies for moving away from self obsessing
- Finding himself stuck in the paralysis of perfection
- The importance of taking a break from the world when you need it
- The opposing forces of fear and hope
- Moving through his fears and depression
- How acting according to his values keeps him connected to his higher power
- His spiritual growth includes facing his everyday fears
- Learning to see past our mental barriers and realize what we’re capable of
Paul Gilmartin Links
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Paul Gilmartin, check out these other episodes: