In This Episode, We Discuss How to Navigate the Complexities of Caregiving and …
- Exploring the complexity of emotions within us and how our choices feed into that:
- How to navigate caregiving and its unique challenges
- How can we better understand the multiplicity of feelings and desires inside of us
- How the process of writing can allow you to process and find distance from tough emotions
- The challenges in accepting aging and mortality
- How paying attention is critical in both creative endeavors and in life
- The importance of staying curious and unafraid to face sorrow
- How can we explore the nuances of trust and care in relationships
Kathy Fagan is a poet whose work has appeared in venues such as The New York Times Sunday Magazine, Poetry, The Nation, The New Republic, Kenyon Review, The Academy of American Poets Poem-A-Day, The Pushcart Prize Anthology, and Best American Poetry. She co-founded the MFA Program in Creative Writing at The Ohio State University, where she teaches poetry and co-edits The Journal/OSU Press Wheeler Poetry Prize Series. Kathy’s newest and sixth poetry collection is Bad Hobby (Milkweed Editions, 2022), available both in print and audio. Her previous book, Sycamore (Milkweed, 2017), was a finalist for the 2018 Kingsley Tufts Award. She’s been awarded a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship and her work has
Connect with Kathy Fagan: Website | Twitter
Want a simple and easy way to help you remember what you’re learning from the show? Sign up now for our FREE text messages! We send a few texts out every week to remind and encourage you to engage with the week’s podcast topics, in a short and simple format. If you’d like to hear from us a few times a week via text, click here to sign up for FREE!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Kathy Fagan, check out these other episodes:
Raising an Aging Parent with Ken Druck
Poetry and Life Lessons with Maggie Smith
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Leave a Reply