In This Episode, We Discuss How to Find Peace Amidst Emotional Storms, and …
- Her desire to find peace, calm, and stability for herself and her family
- Why it’s important to keep asking questions, even when the answers may keep changing
- The challenge of going through a big life change and not expecting clear answers
- How looking back through your past can bring clarity to where you are and who you are now
- Staying open and curious when life is challenging is what keeps you from being stuck.
- Learning to work with and quiet the loud inner critic
- Why investigating and taking responsibility for your own role in relationships is so important.
- How we hold every version of ourselves throughout life
- Understanding that having realstic expectations in relationships can bring forth peace
- How writing about your own life experiences can give you new insights and understanding
- The importance of allowing yourself to feel and process difficult emotions
Maggie Smith is the author of several books including Good Bones, Goldenrod, and Keep Moving: Notes on Loss, Creativity, and Change. Her poems and essays have appeared in the New York Times, The New Yorker, Poetry, The Nation, and many other publications. Maggie’s poem, Good Bones, went viral internationally and since then has been translated into over a dozen languages and featured on the CBS primetime drama, Madame Secretary. Her latest book is a memoir titled, You Could Make This Place Beautiful
Connect with Maggie Smith: Website | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Want a simple and easy way to help you remember what you’re learning from the show? Sign up now for our FREE text messages! We send a few texts out every week to remind and encourage you to engage with the week’s podcast topics, in a short and simple format. If you’d like to hear from us a few times a week via text, click here to sign up for FREE!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Maggie Smith, check out these other episodes:
Poetry and Life Lessons with Maggie Smith
Writing for Healing with Maggie Smith
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Leave a Reply