In August, Ralph De La Rosa and Eric will be offering an in-person “Awakening In The Outdoors” retreat at the beautiful Kripalu Center. During these 5 days together, you’ll enjoy easy hikes, outdoor meditations, insightful workshops, and lively discussions. Our goal is for you to walk away feeling restored, with a firm awareness of new resources, and revitalized through the gifts nature holds for us. To learn more and sign up, click here.
In this episode, Eric, Ginny, and Mark Coleman discuss How to Find Joy, Wisdom, and Wonder in Nature, and…
- How we need to practice paying attention to what’s right in our lives rather than what’s wrong
- How mindfulness is always in service of wisdom, understanding, and freedom
- Why we need to widen our lens to be able to see what else is “here”
- How nature invites us to be in the present moment in a joyful and effortless way
- Defining mindfulness simply as clear awareness and the capacity to be present
- Understanding how multitasking diminishes our attention
- How nature teaches us about knowing and being known
- Grasping the reality of impermanence in nature and in our lives
Mark Coleman is a teacher at Spirit Rock and has taught insight meditation retreats since 1997 worldwide. Mark is passionate about integrating meditation and nature and leads wilderness retreats through his organization, Awake in the Wild as well as nature-based meditation teacher trainings. As the co-founder of the Mindfulness Training Institute, Mark also leads year-long mindfulness teacher trainings in the US and Europe. He is the author of Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery and Make Peace With Your Mind, From Suffering to Peace. His latest book is A Field Guide to Nature Meditation: 52 Mindfulness Practices for Wisdom, Joy, and Wonder.
If you enjoyed this conversation with Mark Coleman, check out these other episodes:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!