Scott Barry Kaufman, Ph.D., is a cognitive scientist and humanistic psychologist exploring the depths of human potential. He is a professor at Columbia University and director of the Center for Human Potential. Dr. Kaufman has authored 10 books and is host of The Psychology Podcast. In 2015, he was named one of “50 groundbreaking scientists who are changing the way we see the world” by Business Insider.
Jordyn H. Feingold, MD, MAPP, MSCR is a resident physician in psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in NYC, well-being researcher, and positive psychology practitioner. Her research and clinical interests involve protecting and promoting health care worker and patient well-being and incorporating positive psychology approaches into health care delivery.
In this episode, Eric talks to Scott and Jordyn about their book, Choose Growth: A Workbook for Transcending Trauma, Fear, and Self-Doubt
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Scott Barry Kaufman, Jordyn Feingold, and I Discuss How to Choose Growth and …
- Their book, ChooseGrowth: A Workbook for Transcending Trauma, Fear, and Self-Doubt
- How practicing what is uncomfortable will lead to growth
- Understanding the relationship between security and growth
- The importance of the word “yet” and how it creates a belief that change is possible
- How growth is about finding the balance between doing and being
- Healthy transcendance includes fusing the connection of self with the world
- The self actualization process and getting in touch with our potential
- Learning to embrace our character strengths as our super powers
- How we can improve our weaknesses by using our top strengths
- The importance of defining our values and what matters most to us
- Closing the gap between how we’re living and the values that we hold
Scott & Jordyn Links:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Scott Barry Kaufman and Jordyn Feingold, check out these other episodes:
Living a Transcendant Life with Scott Barry Kaufman (2020)
Leave a Reply