Kimi Culp is a TV and film producer and is the host of the award winning ALL THE WISER podcast. Kimi’s unique specialty is identifying and developing stories with soul. She has traveled the world interviewing hundreds of people and creating content that motivates people to live a happier, more fulfilling life.
In this episode, Eric and Kimi discuss her journey to healing and how the role of identity can be helpful (or not so helpful) when dealing with depression or mental illness.
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
How Identity Can Affect How You Deal with Depression with Kimi Culp
- How her internal narrative shifted when she started talking about her mental illness
- The power of knowing we’re not alone in our struggles
- Owning the truth of who we are and also not letting it be your entire identity
- Understanding that we are many parts of the whole being
- The healing journey and how identity can take a more prominent role at the beginning
- The nuances of identifying what is depression
- How labeling depression can be helpful, but overidentifying with that label can be harmful
- The importance of adult friendships
- Comparative suffering
- Gratitude and how it is a powerful tool
- Her collaborative book, A Letter to My Dog
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Kimi Culp, please check out these other episodes: