This week we talk to Emily White about making connections in the real world
Emily White is a former lawyer turned writer. She is the author of Lonely, Learning to Live With Solitude. She has written for the Daily Mail, the New York Post, the Huffington Post, and The Guardian. Her latest book which will be released in January is called Count Me In: How I Stepped Off the Sidelines, Created Connection, and Built a Fuller, Richer, More Lived-in Life.
In This Interview Emily and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- Understanding loneliness.
- The difference between loneliness and depression.
- Social Depression.
- The exhaustion of being lonely around other people.
- The definition of loneliness.
- How it’s becoming harder to make ties in our culture.
- Why loneliness is increasing across the society.
- How finding belonging takes effort.
- That belonging doesn’t come right away.
- How much belonging is available if we look for it.
- How caring isn’t cool in our culture.
- The difference between public and private belonging.