This week we talk to Srini Pillay M.D. Founder and CEO of NeuroBusiness Group.
Srini Pillay, M.D. is Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and Invited Faculty at Harvard Business School. He is also the Founder and CEO of NeuroBusiness Group. He graduated with the highest number of awards during his residency training at Harvard. He is also a Certified Master Coach. His specific expertise is on helping companies reach their goals by coaching strategy acceleration, change management, innovation, sales optimization, stress management and many other corporate goals. He has 17 years of experience in brain imaging and has an international reputation as a human behavior expert with special emphasis on stress and anxiety. His latest book is: Life Unlocked: 7 Revolutionary Lessons to Overcome Fear.
In This Interview Srini and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- The power of possibility.
- The difference between conscious fear and unconscious fear.
- What brain science tells us about unconscious fear.
- How unconscious fear is a major factor in our lives.
- The CIRCA method to manage unconscious fear.
- Chunking your issues into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Ignoring the mind’s chatter.
- Giving your self a reality check.
- Remembering that “this too shall pass”
- Keeping our thoughts on what we can control.
- Focusing our attention on positive things for some amount of time.
- “Yoga Rage”
- Turning on the default node network.
- Dealing with “bottom up anxiety”.
- How to handle emotional flooding.
- Being willing to make mistakes and be wrong.
- How simple action can be the highest form of intelligence.
- Taking small risks by tinkering.
- Using preemptive perception to make better decisions.
- Embracing the complexity of who we are.
- How we are wired to manage disappointment versus achieving fulfillment.
- Probability vs possibility thinking.
- Mimicking the exceptions rather than the rules.