Spring Washam is a well-known meditation and dharma teacher based in Oakland, California. She is a founding member and core teacher at the East Bay Meditation Center located in downtown Oakland. She is the founder of Lotus Vine Journeys an organization that blends indigenous healing practices with Buddhist wisdom. In addition to being a teacher, she is also a healer, facilitator, spiritual activist, and writer. Spring is considered a pioneer in bringing mindfulness-based healing practices into diverse communities and is committed to enriching the lives of disenfranchised people everywhere.
In this episode, Spring Washam and Eric talk about how we can foster deep transformation within ourselves and our world.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Spring Washam and I Discuss Deep Transformation and…
- Her book, A Fierce Heart: Finding Strength, Courage, and Wisdom in Any Moment
- Balancing action and contemplation
- Focusing on what you are fighting for (not just what you’re fighting against)
- Her constant, daily practice of forgiveness
- Uprooting greed, hatred, and delusion to heal her heart and mind
- Her profound experiences of interconnectedness
- Why she takes things far less personally now but still feels the pain of life
- The deep shift in the heart that transforms someone into an antiracist
- Her Sunday program: The Church of Harriet Tubman & The Underground Railroad Crew
- Connecting to our ancestors and learning from history
- How no one is exempt from the 10,000 joys and the 10,000 sorrows of life
- The way faith in a bigger, loving force can lead to beautiful transformation when pain in life happens to us
- The lawful unfolding of the universe
- Waking up to our innate Buddha nature
- Transforming difficulty into growth
- Giving our suffering meaning for transformation
- Dropping into the body to feel the energy and find the blocks in the heart
- Getting curious when we feel triggered
- Being afraid of our feelings blocks our transformation
- Meeting our numbness with loving self care
- Developing self-compassion and compassion for others
- Separation being at the core of many of our wounds
- That our whole journey is about letting go
Spring Washam Links:
BLUblox offers high-quality lenses that filter blue light, reduce glare, and combat the unhealthy effects of our digital life. Visit BLUblox.com and get free shipping and also 15% off with Promo Code: WOLF
Talkspace is the online therapy company that lets you connect with a licensed therapist from anywhere at any time at a fraction of the cost of traditional therapy. It’s therapy on demand. Visit www.talkspace.com and enter Promo Code: WOLF to get $100 off your first month.
If you enjoyed this conversation with Spring Washam on Deep Transformation, you might also enjoy these other episodes: