In This Episode, We Discuss What We Can Learn from the Wisdom of Harriet Tubman and …
- Why we need to honor the history of Harriet Tubman
- How struggle and hardship are universal and also necessary to learn and grow
- How Spring cam to explore and write about the spiritual significance about Harriet Tubman
- The lesson and legacy of Harriet and how we can learn to break free from the “prisons” of our mind
- Defining internal, outer. and ultimate abolitionism and the significance of each phase
- How the north star symbolizes a guiding light of hope and freedom
- How understanding our nation’s history can help bring more compassion and awareness to what’s happening in current times
- Why we need to remember that negative media can skew our perception of the world and not realize how much goodness there is
- The beautiful story of Sujata about the harmonizing of feminine and masculine energy
Back for a third time, Spring Washam is a well-known teacher, healer, and visionary leader based in Oakland, California. She is one of the founding teachers at the East Bay Meditation Center and is a member of the teacher’s council at Spirit Rock Meditation Center.. Spring is also the founder of Lotus Vine Journeys, a one-of-a-kind organization that blends indigenous healing practices with Buddhist wisdom for transformative retreats in South America. She is the author of A Fierce Heart: Finding Strength, Courage and Wisdom in Any Moment and her latest book, The Spirit of Harriet Tubman: Awakening from the Underground.
Connect with Spring Washam: Website | Instagram | Facebook
Want a simple and easy way to help you remember what you’re learning from the show? Sign up now for our FREE text messages! We send a few texts out every week to remind and encourage you to engage with the week’s podcast topics, in a short and simple format. If you’d like to hear from us a few times a week via text, click here to sign up for FREE!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Spring Washam, check out these other episodes:
Deep Transformation with Spring Washam (2020)
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Leave a Reply