This week we talk to Michael Galinsky about the role of emotions in physical pain
Michael Galinsky is an American filmmaker, cinematographer, photographer, and musician who has produced and directed a number of documentaries, including Battle from Brooklyn and Who Took Johnny. He also runs a production and distribution company called Rumur. He is currently running a Kickstarter campaign to fund his new film, All The Rage which is based on the pioneering work of Dr John Sarno. Dr Sarno is a leading figure in understanding the role of emotions in physical pain.
In This Interview Michael and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- The history of Dr John Sarno.
- How being a “goodist” can create strong repression and anger.
- How repressed emotions can cause physical pain.
- His family history with Dr. Sarno.
- His personal battles with pain.
- How Howard Stern, Larry David and John Stossel are fans of Dr. Sarno.
- How pain is a normal problem but chronic pain is a failure of the body to heal itself.
- The challenges in healing the emotional issues that can cause physical pain.
- The role of fear in causing physical complaints.
- Meditation practice as a way to manage challenging emotions.
- How pain can be a barometer of how we are doing emotionally.
- Knowing is not the same as doing.
- The difference between acceptance and repression.
Michael Galinsky Links
Some of our most popular interviews that you might also enjoy: