This week we talk to Jordan Harbinger about the power of awareness and intention
Jordan Harbinger is the founder of The Art of Charm. The Art of Charm helps men to improve their social skills so that they can succeed in business and life. The truth is that I originally turned Jordan down twice to be on the show because I thought he was a “pick-up” artist. I clearly didn’t think that was a good fit for our show. But as I learned more about him and what he does I realized that his focus is to help men become better people. The success follows from that. One of his core principles that he teaches is to leave everything and everyone better than before he was there. That’s a pretty good way to feed the good wolf. In addition his podcast has really excellent guests and he is a great interviewer. I’m glad we had him on because it was a really good conversation.
In This Interview Jordan and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- Being intentional in all aspects of life.
- How if you’re not feeding the good wolf you might be feeding the bad wolf.
- Not making a decision is a decision in itself.
- How good our brains are at rationalizing things.
- How systems can help in all aspects of our lives.
- Being more aware of our choices.
- How being too busy is the best excuse we have.
- Try replacing “I don’t have time” with “I’m not prioritizing that right now”
- Feeding the good wolf is about being intentional.
- How feeding the good wolf takes time and consistency.
- Discipline is doing the right thing when it is hard.
- Changing perspective.
- How bad our mood is as a decision tool.
- Doing what we planned, not what we feel like.
- The pitfalls of comparing ourselves to others.
- Comparing our insides to other peoples outsides.
Jordan Harbinger Links
The Art of Charm-Jordan Harbinger
Some of our most popular interviews that you might also enjoy:
Todd Henry- author of Die Empty
Leave a Reply