This week we talk to Jonathan Fields
He describes himself as a father, a husband, a maker and a man who cares deeply about, loves and admires those closest to him and is humbled and grateful for the opportunity to create, to connect and to serve.
He is the creator of The Good Life Project which is an audio and video podcast that was one of the inspirations for our show. He is also the author of Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt into Fuel for Brilliance and Career Renegade.
He is also the creator of the upcoming Good Life Project Summer Camp which I will be attending.
In This Interview Jonathan and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- Zooming out to get the meta view.
- How a good life isn’t a place at which you arrive but a lens that you see through.
- The danger of “just a little bit more”.
- Contentment versus striving.
- Appreciating what we have while taking action to achieve more.
- The difference between aspire and desire.
- Destroying possibility by clinging to certainty.
- Spending more time thinking about today than our legacy.
- “The path to becoming is littered with the remains of those who missed the grace of being”.
- Missing the present by being too focused on the future.
- Missing the little moments while hoping for the bigger moments.
- How we are not good at understanding what will make us happy.
- The importance of being around people you love.
- What a Good Life means to Jonathan-contribution, connection, vitality.
- Comparing our insides with other peoples outsides.
- The difference between meaning and happiness.
- Creating more meaning in our lives.
- How most of us don’t know what we want to do with our lives and figure it out along the way.
- The paralyzing nature of heavy questions.
- How the person we are looking for is the person we are.
- Chipping away all the gunk that covers up who we are.
- Feeling like we have to have all the answers.
Jonathan Fields Links
Jonathan Fields Ted Talk
Some of our most popular interviews that you might also enjoy: