This week we talk to John Lee Dumas
John Lee Dumas is the Founder and Host of EntrepreneurOnFire, awarded ‘Best of iTunes 2013’. John interviews today’s most inspiring and successful Entrepreneurs 7-days a week and has been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Success, INC, & TIME Magazine.
John also founded the #1 Podcasting community in the world; Podcasters’ Paradise; a community where over 1500 Podcasters learn how to create, grow, and monetize their podcast in a supportive environment.
He just completed the book The Freedom Journal. It is designed to help you create and complete a major goal in 100 days.
Our Sponsor this Week is Casper Matresses
Visit casper.com/feed and use the promo code “feed” to get $50 off!!
In This Interview, John and I Discuss Accomplishing Your Goals
- The One You Feed parable
- Controlling our outlook on life
- Being grateful for today
- The three things he does when he feels down
- The value of exercise and fresh air
- Surrounding ourselves with positive people
- The legacy of Scott Dinsmore
- John’s time in the army
- Avoiding “time traveling”
- The preciousness of life
- Balancing ambition and contentment
- Compare and Despair
- The fixed and growth mindset
- The Freedom Journal
- SMART goals
- Why creating specific goals is so important in achieving them
- Setting attainable goals
- Not starting too big on our behavior change
- The 10 day sprint
- The lesson it has taken John the longest to learn
John Lee Dumas Links
John Lee Dumas says
Really enjoyed being a guest on your show Eric! Thanks for the great opportunity!!
Eric Zimmer says
Thank you John!