In This Episode, We Discuss How to Practice Self Compassion and …
- How what you practice grows stronger
- Why your attitude and how you pay attention is so important when it comes to mindfulness
- Understanding the 3 important pillars of mindfulness: intention, attention, attitude
- How having a mindfulness practice prepares the mind for learning
- Why shame stifles our ability to learn and grow
- How we can learn to remember to practice mindfulness by developing daily habits
- The question you can ask yourself in the morning to prime your mind to look for the good throughout the day
- Distinguishing between self-improvement vs self-liberation
- How our intention is a direction, not a destination
- Understanding that perfection is not possible, but transformation is
- The 5% principle and the benefit of taking very small action
- How to practically implement intentions
- The wide range and many benefits of having a regular meditation practice
- Her practice of “Good Morning, I Love You”
Dr. Shauna Shapiro is a professor, best-selling author, clinical psychologist, and internationally recognized expert in mindfulness and compassion. She has published over 150 journal articles and 3 critically acclaimed books translated into 16 languages. Her most recent book is called, Good Morning, I Love You: Mindfulness and Self Compassion Practices to Rewire Your Brain for Calm, Clarity, and Joy
In this episode, Eric and Shauna Shapiro talk about how we can cultivate transformative mindfulness through daily practices that nurture kindness and compassion towards ourselves.
Connect with Dr. Shauna Shapiro: Website | Instagram | Facebook
Want a simple and easy way to help you remember what you’re learning from the show? Sign up now for our FREE text messages! We send a few texts out every week to remind and encourage you to engage with the week’s podcast topics, in a short and simple format. If you’d like to hear from us a few times a week via text, click here to sign up for FREE!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Dr. Shauna Shapiro, check out these other episodes:
Self Compassion with Kristin Neff
Effortless Mindfulness with Loch Kelly
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Leave a Reply