In This Episode, We Discuss How to Incite Joy and …
- His “delight” project was about learning to pay attention
- Discovering that joy and delight are abundant if you are looking and paying attention
- Defining joy and all that accompanies this profound emotion
- How talking about joy and gratitude helps with the difficulties in life
- The importance of laughter and how it connects us to joy
- Why we need to slow down and listen to our bodies
- How busyness is a way of avoiding or escaping
- How writing can be a tool for self discovery and gaining a deeper understanding of ourselves
Ross Gay is the author of four books of poetry: Against Which; Bringing the Shovel Down; Be Holding, winner of the PEN American Literary Jean Stein Award; and Catalog of Unabashed Gratitude, winner of the 2015 National Book Critics Circle Award and the 2016 Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award. His first collection of essays, The Book of Delights, was released in 2019 and was a New York Times bestseller. His new book is Inciting Joy: Essays
Connect with Ross Gay: Website
Want a simple and easy way to help you remember what you’re learning from the show? Sign up now for our FREE text messages! We send a few texts out every week to remind and encourage you to engage with the week’s podcast topics, in a short and simple format. If you’d like to hear from us a few times a week via text, click here to sign up for FREE!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Ross Gay, check out these other episodes:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!