Max Lugavere is a filmmaker, health and science journalist and the author of the New York Times best-seller Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life and most recently Genius Kitchen. He is also the host of the #1 iTunes health podcast The Genius Life. Max appears regularly on the Dr. Oz Show, the Rachael Ray Show, and The Doctors. He has contributed to Medscape, Vice, Fast Company, CNN, and the Daily Beast, has been featured on NBC Nightly News, The Today Show,and in The New York Times and People Magazine. He is an internationally sought-after speaker and has given talks at South by Southwest, TEDx, the New York Academy of Sciences, the Biohacker Summit in Stockholm, Sweden, and many others.
In this episode, Eric, Ginny, and Max discuss his books Genius Kitchen and Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Max Lugavere, Ginny, and I Discuss Genius Food to Protect the Brain and…
- His books, Genius Kitchen and Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for LifeGenius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain for Life
- His mom’s diagnosis of dementia in her late fifties
- His focus on learning and discovery of “genius foods” that help to protect the brain
- The health benefits he experienced after eliminating grains from his diet
- How evidence shows that “genius foods” are crucial for brain health
- Genius foods include extra virgin olive oil, fatty fish, berries, grass-fed beef, and dark leafy greens
- This healthy diet leads to improvement in cognitive processing speed and executive function
- The common overconsumption of sugar and its negative health effects
- How fiber isn’t an essential nutrient but still offers health benefits like satiation and reduction of inflammation
- Understanding the gut microbiome
- How eating the right foods helps to protect our delicate brains against oxidative stress
- The dangers of consuming highly processed oils and transfats
- How the human body can’t properly digest gluten
- The increased health risks associated with chronically elevated blood sugar
Max Lugavere Links:
When you purchase products and/or services from the sponsors of this episode, you help support The One You Feed. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Max Lugavere you might also enjoy these other episodes:
Don’t Miss Out
Subscribe to instantly download my free ebook, “The Top 5 Reasons You Can’t Seem To Stick With A Meditation Practice —And How To Actually Build One That Lasts” — plus the latest podcast delivered straight to your inbox each week!