This week on The One You Feed we have Frank Turner.
This is a big episode for me. When I came up with the concept of the show, Frank Turner was the first person I thought of that I wanted to have as a guest. His music is hugely important to me. He feeds my good wolf on a regular basis.
Frank was a singer in a hardcore band, Million Dead. When they broke up he started out on his own with an acoustic guitar. He has released five solo albums, two rarities compilation albums, one split album and five EPs. His fifth studio album, Tape Deck Heart was released just over a year ago.
In This Interview Frank and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- The feeling that there is never enough time.
- The importance of friendship in feeding your good wolf.
- His role as a CALM Ambassador.
- Building a community around music.
- What punk rock meant to him as a kid.
- Staying connected to his values of openness and community as he gets more famous
- Music as a refuge for those that don’t fit in.
- Music that he turns to to feed his good wolf.
- Writing the press release for John K Samson’s latest record.
- The challenges of alcohol and drugs.
- Getting older and the changes in identity that come with that.
- His love of dogs and his amazing “dog policy” at shows
- His forthcoming record.