Dean Sluyter is an award-winning author who has taught meditation and awakening since 1970. Dean leads workshops, talks and retreats in this U.S. and beyond. His work has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, and O Magazine.In this episode, Eric and Dean discuss his book, Fear Less: Living Beyond Fear, Anxiety, Anger, and Addiction.
Need help with completing your goals in 2019? The One You Feed Transformation Program can help you accomplish your goals this year.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
You can find episodes of The One You Feed, completely ad-free, only on Stitcher Premium. For a free month, go to stitcherpremium.com/wondery and use promo code “WONDERY”
In This Interview, Dean Sluyter and I Discuss…
- His book, Fear Less: Living Beyond Fear, Anxiety, Anger, and Addiction
- Right View and how it relates to having less fear in your life
- How right view is always liberating
- Asking, “does it help?”
- “One mustn’t assume burdens that God doesn’t lay upon us. The state of worry is not itself meritorious.” CS Lewis
- The problem with trying to control your mind
- Transcendental Meditation
- Hanging out in tasklessness
- The open space of awareness
- How thought doesn’t have to go away in order to meditate
- Relax your grip, and relax back into yourself
- It doesn’t grip you, it has no power to do that. You grip it.
- What it means to relax at the moment of contact
- Relax into it, stop the resistance of it
- Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional
- suffering = pain x resistance
Dean Sluyter Links
Calm- The number one app that helps you meditate, sleep and relax. For a limited time, get 25% off a Calm premium subscription – giving you access to ALL their content – at www.calm.com/wolf
Netsuite by Oracle – the business software that handles every aspect of your business in an easy to use cloud platform. Get Netsuite’s free guide, Crushing the 5 Barriers to Growth, by going to www.netsuite.com/wolf
Policy Genius helps you compare insurance plans and find the right policy for you at a price you can afford and then they handle everything – negotiating your rate, booking your appointment www.policygenius.com
If you like this episode you will like these other episodes:
Leave a Reply