Adyashanti is an American born spiritual teacher devoted to serving the awakening of all beings. His teachings are an open invitation to stop, inquire, and recognize what is true and liberating at the core of all existence. Adyashanti also runs the Omega retreat which Eric has taken part in many times. In this episode, Eric and Adya talk about his latest book, The Most Important Thing: Discovering Truth at the Heart of Life.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Adyashanti and I Discuss…
- His book, The Most Important Thing: Discovering Truth at the Heart of Life
- Attention and Intention
- The inquiry at any given time: Where are we giving our attention to?
- Considering the question: What is worthwhile orienting your life around?
- The limitations that come with aging
- How the definition of happiness changes as we age
- Wholeness of being
- Life as it is rather than the image of life
- Two interpretations of the fact that sometimes those who are the most unhappy tend to be seeking happiness the most
- Shooting for meaning rather than happiness
- How meaning is an experience of being
- The inquiry: What am I in service to?
- That we don’t seem to do well as human beings when we live exclusively for ourselves
- What does it mean to really serve what you realize (rather than trying to realize more and more)
- The mistaken thinking that an act of service must be grand in scale or scope or must be visible to really count or matter
- How it’s easy to be noble when you are noticed but in most of our lives that’s not what’s taking place
- That giving time and attention when someone needs it can make for transformative moments
- Seeing the importance of the things you do in your life now that are in service
- That you can’t make yourself awaken but what you do DOES have an impact – it’s just indirect
- The yearning itself comes from the very thing we’re yearning for (in terms of awakening)
Daily Harvest – they deliver absolutely delicious organic, carefully sourced, chef-created fruit and veggie smoothies, soups, overnight oats, bowls and more! To get 3 cups free in your first box, visit www.daily-harvest.com and enter promo code: FEED
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box delivered 4 times a year with full-sized beauty, fashion, home, fitness, and wellness products for just $49.99 a box – though the box is valued at more than $200. The summer box is valued at over $400! Eric’s girlfriend absolutely loved the box they sent and has already signed up to receive their fall box. Use the code FEED to get $10 off your first box at www.fabfitfun.com
If you liked this episode, you might also enjoy these other episodes: