Join our new The One You Feed Facebook Discussion Group
This week we talk to Taylor Hunt
Taylor Hunt is a devoted student of Ashtanga, a system of yoga originally transmitted by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. The system is now transmitted by his teacher, Sharath Jois, in Mysore, India.
Taylor was the first Ashtanga teacher in Ohio granted Level II Authorization to teach from the Sri K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute (KPJAYI) in Mysore, India. He is dedicated to sharing the transformative and healing practice with others by teaching daily Mysore classes at Ashtanga Yoga Columbus and offering workshops around the country. He is also the author of the recently published book, A Way From Darkness, and director of the Trini Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to sharing the life-changing practice of Ashtanga with those suffering from addiction.
In This Interview, Taylor Hunt and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable
- How the parable applies to a person with addiction
- Addiction = A disease of denial
- His book, A Way From Darkness
- The varying amounts of meeting attendance and other support mechanisms in the recovery process
- The importance of being connected to one’s self in a healthy life
- The importance of state of mind and intention when it comes to the practice of yoga
- The ways emotions show up in our body
- Ashtanga Yoga
- How he helps his students connect to their yoga practice on a spiritual level
- The importance of not comparing your insides with someone else’s outsides
- The surprising thing that his dad said to him when he asked for his blessing to go to India
- “Bring Your Ass to Class”
- How he built the self-discipline to cultivate a consistent yoga practice
- The danger of identifying ourselves with our thoughts
Thanks for finally writing about >144: Taylor Hunt – The One You Feed <Loved it!
Wow! I had a smile on my face the whole way through this episode – so positive, so much food for thought, so many things I can apply in my own life – thanks!