This week we talk to Russell Simmons about being a giver
Russell Simmons is an American entrepreneur and auth
He then partnered with Rick Rubin to create Def Jam Records, and signed artists like the Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, Public Enemy and Run-D.M.C. He is also The Chairman and CEO of Rush Communications, he cofounded the hip-hop music label Def Jam Recordings and created the clothing fashion lines Phat Farm, Argyleculture, and Tantris.
He is also a vocal proponent of meditation and veganism.
His latest book is called The Happy Vegan: A Guide to Living a Long, Healthy, and Successful Life
In This Interview, Russell Simmons and I Discuss:
- The One You Feed parable
- How good givers are great getters
- Giving before you get
- Dissociating ourselves from the results of our labors
- How success and fame don’t necessarily make us happy
- Improving our health through veganism
- Improving the health of the planet through veganism
- Corporate greed
- The horrors of factory farming
- His experience with Occupy Wall Street
- The corruption in politics
- His daily yoga practice
- Combining yoga, meditation, and veganism
- Remaining useful and active as we age
- How he meditates
- Watching our thoughts and not being afraid of them
- His two phases of meditation
- How innovation comes from stillness
- What led him to yoga
- The lesson that has taken him the longest to learn
- How he enjoys morning meditation more than late night drinking and drugs
- Choosing cloudiness or clarity
jordan rainman says
what is the sound track @ 19.46mins?
Next level, love Russell Simmons.
Eric Zimmer says