Dr. Valerie Mason-John is a public speaker and master trainer in the field of conflict transformation, leadership and mindfulness. Valerie is the award-winning author of 8 books, and the co-author and co-founder of Eight Step Recovery: Using The Buddha’s Teaching to Overcome Addiction. Since its publication, it has won the Best USA Book Award 2014 and Best International Book Award 2015 in the self-motivational and self-help category.
In this episode, Eric and Valerie discuss: Eight Step Recovery: Using the Buddha’s Teaching to Overcome Addiction
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Valerie Mason-John and I Discuss Recovery Through Buddha’s Teaching and …
- Their book, Eight Step Recovery: Using the Buddha’s Teaching to Overcome Addiction
- Their history of addiction to drugs, alcohol, and disordered eating
- Their traumatic history leading to multiple addictions
- Thinking of expansive values at the center of our lives
- How addiction is an adaptive behavior to soothe ourselves
- The first 3 steps of their recovery process are based on the 4 noble truths
- How we can’t avoid pain, but we can learn to avoid suffering
- How we can become addicted to our “stinking thinking”
- Meditation helps regulate the central nervous system
- What it means to seek refuge in dealing with addiction
- How the Buddha achieved freedom from the prison of the mind
- Dharma teachings that point us to the truth and freedom
- The benefit of Sangha or community in overcoming addiction
Valerie Mason-John Links:
Stitch Fix knows that when you look your best, you feel your best. Every piece is hand-picked for your fit, your style, and your life. Visit stitchfix.com/wolf to take your style quiz and get 25% off your order when you keep everything in your fix.
KiwiCo: The subscription service that sends your child hands-on science, art, and geography projects each month to build confidence, creativity, and critical thinking skills. Get 30% off your first month plus free shipping on any crate line with the promo code FEED at www.KiwiCo.com
BiOptimizers: Just 2 capsules of their Magnesium Breakthrough taken before bed gives you all 7 forms of magnesium so that you sleep better at night. Go to www.magbreakthrough.com/wolf and use the promo code WOLF10 at checkout to save 10%.
If you enjoyed this conversation with Valerie Mason-John, you might also enjoy these other episodes: