This week we talk to don Miguel Ruiz about the stories we tell ourselves
Don Miguel Ruiz is a renowned spiritual teacher and internationally bestselling author. He has spent the past three decades guiding students to personal freedom through his profound insights regarding the nature of human reality. His forthcoming book is called THE TOLTEC ART OF LIFE AND DEATH: A Story of Self Discovery written with Barbara Emrys
Combining Toltec mythology and scientific perspectives, don Miguel has been able to merge ancient wisdom with modern physics and practical common-sense, forging a new philosophy for seekers of truth and personal authenticity. His landmark bestselling book, The Four Agreements, contains practical steps for long-term, personal transformation and has been read by millions around the world.
First published in 1997, The Four Agreements has since sold over five million copies in the United States and seven million worldwide. It has been translated into 38 languages, appeared on the New York Times bestseller for over seven years, and was the 36th bestselling book of the decade. Don Miguel is also the author of The Mastery of Love, The Voice of Knowledge, and the New York Times bestseller, The Fifth Agreement, a collaboration with his son, don José Ruiz. Each of his books are international bestsellers.
Our Sponsor this Week is Spirituality and Health Magazine. Click here for your free trial issue and special offer.
In This Interview Miguel and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable
- His new book
- That truth is life engergy, the force that moves matter
- How we don’t need to believe in the truth, it just exists
- The fact that we are all artists and the greatest creation we have is the story of our lives
- His near death experience
- The fifth agreement
- We learn to love by how others love us – with conditions
- How we can start to love ourselves and others unconditionally
- The fact that we are not responsible for other people’s minds or other people’s actions
- How suffering is really in the mind and of the mind
- That if we change our attitude, everything will change
- The wonderful truth that you have control of your own life
- The lesson that has taken him the longest to learn
- Why he likes Popeye the Sailor Man
don Miguel Ruiz Links