John Zeratsky was a designer in the tech industry and became obsessed with the idea of re-designing time. He’s also the author of multiple books and his work has been published in The Wall Street Journal, Time, Harvard Business Review, Wired, Fast Company, and many others.
In this episode, Eric and John discuss his book, Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day
If you’d like to make 2022 a better year for you, bring clarity to what matters most, and discover the tools to help you become the person you really want to be, Eric can help you! To book a FREE, no-pressure 30-minute Discovery call to see if working with Eric is right for you, click here.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
John Zeratsky and I Discuss How to Make Time for What Matters and…
- His book, Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day
- Understanding the limits of will-power
- Setting up our environment so it’s easier to make the right decisions
- The two powerful forces that compete every day for our time
- “The Busy Bandwagon” and the feeling you’re not in control of our time
- “The Infinity Pools” of neverending options of distractions
- Questioning the “defaults” in our lives and finding ways to change our behavior
- Creating a highlight for everyday
- Structuring your day around your “highlight”
- Finding more meaningful moments
- Taking back control of your time and energy
- Creating barriers to distraction
- The fundamentals of managing your energy
- The importance of focusing on the process, not the outcome
- Becoming aware of how our interaction with technology makes us feel
John Zeratsky Links:
If you enjoyed this conversation with John Zeratsky, you might also enjoy these other episodes: