This week on The One You Feed we have Kevin Griffin.
Kevin Griffin is a Buddhist author, teacher, and innovator in the field of addiction treatment. The insight and intimacy of his teaching have made him a leader in the mindful recovery movement.
He is the author of the classic, One Breath at a Time, which is one of the first books about blending mindfulness and 12 step recovery. He recently released a workbook based on those teachings . His most recent book, A Burning Desire: Dharma God and The Path of Recovery, deals with the concept of a higher power through a Buddhist lens.
In This Interview Kevin and I discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- How what we think about becomes who we are.
- If you want to be loving think loving thoughts.
- How the Buddha applied a penetrating intellect.
- What the 5 Precepts are and how they apply in our lives.
- Why spirituality is not anti-intellectual.
- How recovery is a behavioral approach and meditation is a more cognitive approach.
- A passable definition of spirituality
- How we all know that happiness doesn’t come from things.
- How we don’t live according to our beliefs.
- What the root of mindfulness is.
- Limiting beliefs.
- Cause and Effect.
Kevin Griffin Links
Kevin’s musical album: Laughing Buddha