Enrollment for Spiritual Habits is now open for the annual Spiritual Habits Group Program! In this 8-week non-religious mentorship and accountability experience, you’ll discover a deeper and more meaningful way to live and experience daily life. Enrollment closes on March 13th and we get started on March 19th. Click here to learn all about it!
In this special episode, Eric is interviewed by Ginny Gay where they discuss how he overcame his addiction by bringing certain core spiritual principles to the center of his life. Eric dives deep into these principles and shares how practicing them every day has led to a more meaningful and fulfilled life.
In This Episode, We Discuss How Live a Spiritual Practice Centered Life. You’ll learn:
- Eric shares his story of his lowest points of addiction that led him to recovery
- How shame is usually at the center of the addiction cycle
- Why a fundamental aspect of AA is finding meaning in helping others
- How one can define spirituality as connecting to what matters most to you in your life
- Defining and practicing some of the core principles to live a good life
- The challenges of being present and how we relate to our thoughts about the present moment
- Why finding the “middle way” and avoiding extremes can be so helpful
- Why it’s so important to go beyond thinking and start taking action is what brings forth real meaningful results
- Understanding deeply that difficult feelings come with being human
- How we don’t find meaning, but rather make meaning in life
Eric Zimmer is a behavior coach, Interfaith Spiritual Director, host of the award-winning podcast The One You Feed, and writer. He is endlessly inspired by the quest for a greater understanding of how our minds work and how to intentionally create the lives we want to live. At the age of 24, Eric was homeless, addicted to heroin, and facing long jail sentences. In the years since he has found a way to recover from addiction and build a life in which he thrives. His story and his work have been featured in the media including TedX, Mind Body Green, Elephant Journal, the BBC, and Brain Pickings.
Want a simple and easy way to help you remember what you’re learning from the show? Sign up now for our FREE text messages! We send a few texts out every week to remind and encourage you to engage with the week’s podcast topics, in a short and simple format. If you’d like to hear from us a few times a week via text, click here to sign up for FREE!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Eric Zimmer, check out these other episodes:
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!