This week on The One You Feed we have Dan Millman. Dan is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor as well as a best selling author.
After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan’s teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior’s Way, expressed fully in his books and lectures. His work continues to evolve over time, to meet the needs of a changing world.
Dan’s thirteen books, including Way of the Peaceful Warrior, have inspired and informed millions of readers in 29 languages worldwide. The feature film, “Peaceful Warrior,” starring Nick Nolte, was adapted from Dan’s first book, based upon incidents from his life.
In This Interview Dan and I discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- The choice we face every day.
- What does window cleaning have to do with spirituality?
- How to get moving in the right direction.
- How life always comes down to whether or not you take the action.
- Starting small and connecting the dots.
- That a little of something is better than nothing.
- The danger of the all or nothing mentality.
- That knowledge alone is not enough.
- Life purpose.
- A definition of wisdom.
- Skillful versus unskillful action.
- The Four Purposes of Life.
- How life is a perfect school and the lessons get harder if we don’t learn.
- The conventional realm and the transcendental realm.
- The process of writing a book with his daughter.
Dan Millman Links
Dan Millman author page on Amazon
Dan’s latest book with his daughter Sierra: The Creative Compass
[…] my time and thus how I can better spend my time. Dan Millman, the Peaceful Warrior, says that lessons repeat themselves until we learn from them. They just tend to get more dramatic to get our […]