0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Culadasa is a meditation master with over 4 decades of experience in the Tibetan and Theravadan Buddhist traditions. He taught classes in neuroscience and psychology at the Universities of Calgary and Brittish Columbia. He now lives in the Arizona wilderness and leads the Dharma Treasure Buddhist Sanga. His book on meditation, The Mind Illuminated, is the book Eric calls the best book on meditation he’s ever read. This is a two-part interview. In this episode, part one, Eric and Culadasa talk about how the mind and brain works – knowledge that is essential to understand before one can successfully implement the meditation techniques that will be discussed in part two. These techniques have the very real potential of transforming your meditation experience. So listen up in this episode and get ready to radically re-understand this thing we call the mind.
Visit oneyoufeed.net/transform to learn more about our personal transformation program.
Sanebox helps organize your email inbox for a www.sanebox.com/wolf free trial for 2 weeks and a $25 credit
Eric just replaced his entire sock drawer with all Bombas socks because of how much he loves them get 20% off first purchase www.bombas.com/wolf offer code WOLF
In This Interview, Culadasa and I Discuss…
- His book, The Mind Illuminated
- The power of setting an intention for meditation
- Getting all of the mind on board for meditating
- Accepting whatever comes up
- Trying to enjoy your meditation, celebrating the times you come back to the present moment vs scolding yourself
- Roadmap of the stages of meditation over time
- How knowing the developmental nature of things over time can be problematic
- The difficulties of being a beginner at anything
- Looking for the pleasure and joy in wherever you are
- The 4 step process of settling in to meditate
- Feeling your breath at the nose
- The Mindful Review
- Being aware of the motivation behind your thoughts and speech
- What could I have done differently?