Please Support The Show With a Donation
This week we talk to Colin Gawel
Colin Gawel is the guitarist of the American rock band, Watershed. Colin also has a solo career both with and without his backing band – Colin Gawel and the Lonely Bones. The album Superior – The Best of Colin Gawel was released in Dec 2016. Colin also lead writer, editor, and founder of the website Pencilstorm and the owner of the legendary Colin’s Coffee in Columbus, Ohio.
This conversation was recorded live in Colin’s kitchen and is focused on fatherhood in honor of Father’s Day this weekend.
In This Interview, Colin Gawel and I Discuss…
- Father’s Day
- His song, Dad Can’t Help You Now
- The challenge of watching your child live life beyond your protection
- What it feels like as a parent for your child to leave home
- Talking to your children about addiction in their family history
- Being on the little league baseball team together as kids
- How important it is to come back from adversity
- Doing things for the love of doing them rather than for the anticipated outcome
- His time in the band, Watershed
- Keeping things in balance in life
- That time is precious
- How we find resilience in life
- The importance of the people you surround yourself with
- How he writes about what it’s like to be an adult in his music
- His song, The Words We Say
- How different people react and interpret his songs differently
- How unusual it is that as a musician, he prefers to perform sober rather than high on something
- That he’s conscious of how his son sees him consuming alcohol
- Our mutual love of music
- His song, Try a Little Faith
super wallet says
Just take a normal walk for 10 minutes and distract yourself from the positives. But if there is time after work should go to exercise seriously.
pgสล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet says
which are special is that you will receive real-time updates. And it’s direct information that has never been found from any source before, of course.