Amoda Maa is a contemporary spiritual teacher and author. You may recognize the titles of some of her books: How to Find God in Everything, Change Your Life Change Your World and Radical Awakening. Her new book, Embodied Enlightenment: Living Your Awakening In Every Moment, is a powerful look at what awakening means, looks like and feels in your everyday life. She stresses that you can’t think your way into awakening but that rather you feel your way into it. During this interview she talks about what that means and how to do it.
Visit oneyoufeed.net/transform to learn more about our personal transformation program.
In This Interview, Amoda Maa and I Discuss…
- Her new book, Embodied Enlightenment: Living Your Awakening In Every Moment
- Waking up out of the dream of separation
- Waking up out of the dream of thinking that we are our thoughts and feelings
- Awakening not dependant on or a precursor to one’s psychological health
- Surrendering the need to uphold oneself
- Surrendering the psychological self
- The need for psychological safety giving rise to egoic tendencies
- The defense and attack found in righteousness
- The verticality of being
- Not having an agenda of the outcome when opening ourselves to our experience and meeting it as it is
- How to be free from suffering
- The strength of life’s intelligence
- The ripening that happens within oneself when you’ve finally had enough of running away from pain
- No real relief from pain and no final freedom from pain when all you’re doing is running away from it
- Am I willing to meet this exactly as it is?
- Trying not to try
- True fulfillment is the emptying of the spiritual shopping basket
- The paradox of trying not to try
- Accumulating agendas = committing to a particular spiritual path and expecting that you’ll feel worthy and good enough
- Love is seeking to know itself
- Silence is ever present in everything