This week we talk to Aaron Anastasi about not listening to the voices that hold us back
Aaron Anastasi is a Southern California native who graduated with a master’s degree from Princeton where he studied philosophy and psychology.
He’s also a serial entrepreneur with online businesses such as Superior Songwriting Method, Signing Success, and the internationally recognized, Superior Singing Method, an online singing lesson program that grosses seven-figures annually.
Having a love for adventure, he was a pro snowboarder in Vail, Colorado, scaled Glacier Lake mountains in Bolivia, and cut pathways through the jungles of Contagem, Brazil.
Along with being a Los Angeles based actor and filmmaker, Aaron is also a prominent success coach for clients in industry-leading roles, ranging from film directors to marine biologists to TEDx speakers. His new book, The Voice of Your Dreams,was recently released.
In This Interview, Aaron Anastasi and I Discuss:
- The One You Feed parable
- The limiting voices in our head
- The “You don’t have what it takes” voice
- Instead of asking “Do I have what it takes” ask “Do I have the capacity to find the resources I need to be successful”
- The fixed vs growth mindset, again
- How the limiting voices often appear as reality
- How inspiration and passion often arise while we are in action
- Waiting on inspiration is a mistake and a misunderstanding of how it works
- The importance of just getting started- the hardest part is right before we start
- Breaking things down to very small chunks to help us get started
- Recovering from pessimism
- The old Hemmingway trick- Finishing while you still have one idea left
- Making sure to write down our ideas
- Celebrating and appreciating small victories
- The spiritual discipline of celebrating
- Defining success as being on the path today
- Why do we resist what we know is good for us?
- Bouncing back from failure
- Keeping our gratitude and affirmations from getting stale
- Telling ourselves stories that are good for us
superior singing method says
I was very pleased to uncover this site. I want to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!!
I definitely liked every part of it and I
have you saved to fav to see new stuff in your web site.
Arlie Peyton says
Love this interview. Very good ideas on interpreting and reprogramming thoughts. I’m buying the book!
Loved this podcast with Aaron! It was exactly what I needed to bring perspective into my situation and how to push through and get started into action. Wish me luck! Thanks for the entire series. It’s one of the best podcasts I’ve ever listened to, insightful, honest, real and practical.