This week we talk to A.H. Almaas about spiritual awakening
A. H. Almaas is the pen name of A. Hameed Ali, creator of the Diamond Approach to Self-Realization. The Diamond Approach is a contemporary teaching that developed within the context of both ancient spiritual teachings and modern depth psychology theories.
He founded the Ridhwan School, an inner work school devoted to the realization of True Nature. The orientation of the school is directed toward helping students become aware of and embody their “essence” or essential nature.
His latest book is Runaway Realization: Living a Life of Ceaseless Discovery.
In This Interview, A.H. Almaas and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable
- The different layers of consciousness
- The angelic and animal nature
- How the animal side is focused on our survival- the drive to survive
- Being is our fundamental essence
- Self Realization- when our Being and our identity becomes the same thing
- The primary method of The Diamond Approach- direct experience of being
- The process of inquiry
- Engaging in some practice that questions what we assume to know about ourselves
- How taking things at face value shortchanges ourselves of deeper knowledge
- How the separate sense of self is not an illusion, but it is only one of the ways to view reality
- Being open to other ways of experiencing reality
- What Essence is
- The components of the Diamond Approach
- Whether there is suffering beyond simple ego attachment
- How there is much more potential in ourselves than we realize
- How the most important thing is to be interested in the truth of reality