This week we talk to Tim Ryan about mindfulness in everyday life
Tim Ryan is the U.S. Representative for Ohio’s 13th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is the author of A Mindful Nation: How a Simple Practice Can Help Us Reduce Stress, Improve Performance, and Recapture the American Spirit and The Real Food Revolution: Healthy Eating, Green Groceries, and the Return of the American Family Farm.
In This Interview Tim and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- How we can’t know what wolf we are feeding without awareness.
- The importance of time for contemplation.
- How meditation can increase the space between stimulus and response.
- His path to mindfulness.
- What mindfulness means to him.
- The regret of missing our lives by being distracted.
- Trying to remain mindful in Congress.
- Bringing mindfulness education to the Youngstown School System.
- Teaching kids to pay attention.
- Mindfulness doesn’t make you soft, it makes you tough.
- Mindfulness = mental toughness.
- Mindfulness gives us the ability to get back up when we have been knocked down.
- How Mindfulness has been shown to accelerate the healing process.
- The main objections he hears to mindfulness practice.
- How this is the first generation in American history that has a shorter life expectancy than their parents.
Tim Ryan Links
Some of our most popular interviews that you might also enjoy: