This week on The One You Feed we have Jessica Hagy. She is an artist and writer best known for her award-winning blog, Indexed. A fixture in the creative online space, Jessica has been illustrating, consulting, and speaking since 2006.
In This Interview Jessica and I discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- What is the Happiness Principle.
- Does the bad wolf look like Brad Pitt or does he look like he has scurvy?
- What the secret language of graphs and charts looks like.
- The value of small explorations.
- Where we can get Leonard Cohen’s email address.
- What is the biggest business virtue you can have in today’s world.
- Why being authentic makes you more interesting.
- How many good stories are there to every “Chris Hanson have a cookie” stories.
- How even the very succesful face imposters syndrome.
Special Cards from Jessica for The One You Feed
Jessica Hagy is an artist and writer best known for her Webby award-winning blog, Indexed (www.thisisindexed.com). A fixture in the creative online space, Jessica has been prolifically illustrating, consulting, and speaking to international media and events since 2006.
Her work has been described as “deceptively simple,” “undeniably brilliant,” and “our favorite reason for the Internet to exist.” Her style of visual storytelling allows readers to draw their own conclusions and to actively participate in each narrative. “Her images don’t always tell us what to think; quite often, they elegantly offer us ideas to think about.”
She mixes data (both quantitative and qualitative) with humor, insight, and simple visuals to make even the most complex concepts immediately accessible and relevant. Her commissioned work frequently appears in various web formats, galleries, books, magazines, newspapers, television outlets, and advertising campaigns.
Jessica Hagy Links