Eric Maisel, PhD, is the author of more than 40 books, including Why Smart People Hurt, Making Your Creating Mark, The Future of Mental Health, The VanGogh Blues, Mastering Creative Anxiety, and Creativity for Life. Dr. Maisel is at the forefront of the movement to rethink mental health. He writes the Rethinking Psychology blog for Psychology Today.
Eric and Dr. Maisel discuss his books Overcoming Your Difficult Family: 8 Skills for Thriving in Any Family Situation and The Future of Mental Health
But wait, there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
Eric Maisel and I Discuss Why We Need to Rethink Mental Health and …
- His books, Overcoming Your Difficult Family: 8 Skills for Thriving in Any Family Situation and The Future of Mental Health
- Defining the skills needed to understand and deal with family dynamics
- Learning the best anxiety management tool for you, such as deep breathing or visualization
- The powerful device of visualizing the “calmness switch” within you
- Understanding that there is one of many possibilities to deal with challenges
- His book, Mastering Creative Anxiety
- The importance of identifying what’s important to us and living our life purposefully
- Stigmatization of mental health and how it promotes pharmaceutical
- Understanding there is more help to treat depression than just medication and psychiatry
- His models of personality: Original Personality, Formed Personality, Available Personality
By purchasing products and/or services from our sponsors, you are helping to support The One You Feed and we greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Eric Maisel, please check out these other episodes: