This week we talk to Scott Gornto about the stories we tell ourselves
R. Scott Gornto, is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Sex Therapist and Expert on Relationships and Personal Development. Scott works with Individuals, Couples, Families, Groups and Businesses. His recent book is called: The Stories We Tell Ourselves: Stop Jumping to Conclusions. Free Yourself from Anxiety. Transform Your Relationships
Our sponsor this week is Casper Mattress. Click here to get $50 off (use promo code: oneyoufeed)
In This Interview Scott and I Discuss…
- The One You Feed parable.
- The Stories We Tell Ourselves.
- Interpreting others actions through our own filters.
- Our tendency to have negative narratives about what is happening.
- Living in our own movie and being the screenwriter, director and star.
- Moving away from telling ourselves stories to gathering facts.
- Telling ourselves more positive stories.
- How much of the pain in relationships is related to false stories.
- Jumping to conclusions.
- How anxiety is a vacuum and our ignorance rushes in to fill the void.
- Learning to sit with not knowing.
- The 7 Steps of Managing Anxiety.
- Accepting what you can’t control.
- The spectrum of awareness.
- How awareness allows us to be pro-active.
- That people who can’t control their emotions try to control others.
- How not letting other people know us leads to them making up stories about us.
Scott Gornto Links